[PS4Blog.net Interview] Loopy Mood On AntVentor | PS4Blog.net
We’re working on a review for AntVentor, so I got in touch with Loopymood to talk a bit about the game and its development. Come check it out!
PS4Blog: Welcome! Thank you for joining us today. Can you please help us get started by telling our readers a bit about yourself and your work?
Thank you for getting in touch with us! We are an indie studio with an international team of four people. AntVentor is our first video game in the portfolio. It got several international awards and is already made it to platforms like Steam, iOS, Android, Amazon, and now to the Nintendo Switch!
PS4B: On that note, AntVentor is ready to go on Nintendo Switch. How would you describe the game to someone who’s never heard about it?
AntVentor is a point and click puzzle game about an inventor ant and his adventures in a photo-realistic macroworld. Despite the main character’s small size, he has a big dream. He lived a simple life… until you showed up, broke his mechanism, and ruined his plans! Now you have to do whatever it takes to help Florantine not only return to his life but also to fulfill his long-cherished dream.
PS4B: How long did it take to port the game to Nintendo’s console? Were there any particular hurdles or challenges you had to overcome?
Not very long. It took us about one month of work, but the preparations for being approved as a Nintendo developer and publisher took a bit more time.
PS4B: Are there any differences between the Steam and Nintendo Switch versions of the game?
Yes! For Nintendo Switch, we have introduced a new gameplay feature. Now you have a GOAL list that appears with a step by step for the game. This will help players to follow the gameplay and will help them not to get lost!
PS4B: And that’ all the time we have for today. Is there something else you’d like to add?
Well, if you want to:
– Feel what it’s like to be the size of an ant?
– lunge into a unique and surprisingly photo-realistic macroworld?
– Shamelessly intrude into the life of the main character?
– Meet Florantine: a funny, but slightly arrogant inventor-ant?
– Laugh at the game’s many comical moments?
– Meet scary and cute, huge, and tiny inhabitants of the macroworld?
– Enjoy scrupulously crafted animation, consisting of more than 15,000 frames?
– Appreciate the absence of tedious puzzles, usually created just for taking up your time?
– Skip the long dialogues, simply because they do not exist in the game?
– Listen to original atmospheric bass music?
– Be fascinated by the simple, but a very exciting story with a twist ending?
….then this game is for you! Go and try it!